10/12/08

Welcome to Our New Home

Bobby's web page at www.babyannounce.net/bobbyg is soon to expire so we decided to move to a site with more functionality. We can't really do Bobby justice without full multimedia capabilities. We'll gradually move over all the old content.

Things are quieting down for the Grunsteds. We have a new day care provider for Bobby, starting October 27th. Beth is very excited to work with Bobby and wants to take him on lots of fun field trips. Valerie and I are meeting on Tuesday with the executive director of the community center where we had unsuccessfully tried to place Bobby. Our hope is that the center will implement some new policies regarding their admission of special needs children. I'm a bit nervous. I'm good at writing letters but in person confrontation scares me. That's why it's good I have Valerie at my side.

Bobby is eating much easier these days. His endoscopy showed no physiological problems with his digestive tract. We'll find out tomorrow if he has any allergies. In the meantime, he's eating well and gaining weight. Hopefully this means that Bobby's problems were caused by an acid reflux problem that he's now outgrowing.

Because he feels better, we're able to get out of the house much more often. Friday night we went to dinner and to Borders. Pre Bobby, Valerie and I split up at the book store, convening after an hour or so for coffee and for a comparison of the books we'd found. Now Valerie and I split up at the book store only to run into each other five minutes later in the children's section to compare pop up books. I guess it's true what they say - the more things change, the more they stay the same.

No comments: