2/20/09

Better Afternoon

Things are progressing nicely. The breathing tube came out about 10 am and Bobby has been holding his own since then. He just opened his eyes for longer than a flutter for the first time since his surgery. Overall, he seems to be tolerating the tubes and stitches a lot more easily than last night. They have reduced his morphine a bit and he seems fine. The diuretic has helped his swelling.

He is still getting a lot of oxygen help. We'll probably spend tonight into tomorrow lowering that gradually. Once that's done, he can start eating.

And the nurse just said to us, 'all babies have a mohawk at that age'. I find that offensive. I defy you to show me a better mohawk on anyone of any age.

Back when we were nanny searching, we interviewed a woman who, a few days after the interview, sent us a note asking 'do you accept me as your nanny?' (We did not). After the nurse uttered those heretic words about Bubs, I felt like saying "I do not accept you as Bobby's nurse". Or at the very least, "I do not accept you as Bobby's coiffeuse".

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Thou shalt respect the Swayhawk! I have scarcely seen such a presentation, and I've been around a LOT of babies in my life.

Thank goodness you have time/energy to worry about such matters! I am so relieved that Bobby is so stable at the moment and progressing as expected. He is a trooper!