2/12/09

Valentine's Day Maneuvering

Well, it's 2 days before Valentine's Day and Bobby has yet to reveal his special lady for this year. I'm hoping he'll pick Valerie and I, as I do believe all the little girls in play group are already spoken for. Plus, it's good form to choose your mamas in a year when you've sent them to the hospital 7 times and counting. Fingers crossed. If he picks that nanny of his, there's going to be trouble.

Bubs woke up in a great mood. Morning is my favorite time with him. He likes to sit on my lap, facing me, discussing the weather and his dreams from the night before. Every few minutes, he wants to be pulled close for a big hug. There's never been a finer way to start a day.

He had his occupational therapy assessment today. He's doing quite well on his cognitive skills - performing some tasks we'd never seen him do. We just need to get that trunk stronger so he can sit up and explore the world more.

Otherwise, we're focused on keeping him healthy for surgery. We spent last Saturday in the ER, afraid that he'd gotten pneumonia after choking on some vegetable juice. He's OK there, but he does have an upper respiratory infection. And I should make the ritual announcement that his GI woes are continuing.

Hard to believe, in exactly one week he'll be just finishing his next surgery. What a terrifying and yet relieving thought.

No comments: