3/2/09

The Doctor said he had to go to Rehab

and Bobby says 'Thrash thrash thrash'. After the weekend debacle, the doctors settled on methadone to help Bobby get through this horrible time of no sleep. He slept a few hours here and there last night, but still struggles to stay asleep for more than 2 hours at a stretch.

The methadone will help with the sleep, plus it will help with any possible withdrawal effects from the Ativan, Chloral Hydrate, Versed, Tylenol with Codeine, Precedex, and Morphine that has been used to get the young man to sleep in the last few days. Getting Bubby to sleep is like trying to slay the Hydra.

He is better this evening (Bobby, not the Hydra) Right now Valerie and I are huddled in his pitch black room, exchanging Yahoo! instant messages and hoping we don't hear any telltale grunts or moans that signal an awakening.

If we get this ironed out, I expect we'll be close to going home. They are starting to get his take home meds sorted out and we'll get his feeding schedule under control in the next couple of days.

Oh, it's been brutal here since Saturday. I'm not the kind of person that can handle a crying baby for hours on end. I've had to take many a hallway break to keep my composure. I yelled at a nurse last night for waking up Bobby to do an assessment. But I'm hopeful that the methadone is going to keep him comfortable tonight and we'll all get some sleep. If we do, I expect to see a happy Bubs in the morning.

No comments: